Econsultancy has a good overview over where Zalando is at now:
German ecommerce pure play Zalando is learning from the Chinese market, offering stylist consultations by IM or phone call, unique social interactions and three-hour local delivery.
Here are the topics Econsultancy touches on:
Zipcart – an app for same day delivery (part of a developing app portfolio
Bag and wishlist synced across mobile app & web
Barcode scanner & image recognition in app
(Gamified) shoppable Instagram
A smarter feed
Detailed product pages with ‘shop the look’ functionality
A full catalogue
One thing missing in Econsultancy’s overview is Bread & Butter, Zalando’s aquired new yearly fashion event. The first edition under Zalando is going to take place from Sept. the second to fourth 2016 in Berlin. WWD:
The new format is described as an experimental platform where brands can create their own showcases and events to communicate with consumers, and conduct sales.
“We deeply believe in the future of Berlin as a fashion location. With this strong and consumer-facing event, we created something new and inspiring for Berlin and the fashion industry. We put our customers and brands in interaction by making it possible for everyone to participate at Bread & Butter — online and offline — and experience the best of fashion in the digital age,“ said David Schneider, cofounder and member of the management board at Zalando.
We discussed a lot of those mentioned topics here:
- Amazon vs. Zalando In a World Of Apps
- MOVMNT: Zalando Launches Mobile Fashion Outlet App
- “The Studio”: Zalando’s Separate Space For Research On The Mobile User Experience
- Zipcart: Zalando Launches Mobile App For Same-Day Delivery In Berlin
- Why Zalando’s Robert Gentz Decided To “Rethink The Entire Business”
- Zalando: “We Want To Become An Open Fashion Platform”
- How Zalando Tries To Make Instagram Images Shoppable (And Mainly Fails)