Zalando’s private labels, under the umbrella brand zLabels since June of this year, are going to be available at other stores than just Zalando’s. (Source: German summary of an interview with zLabels CEO Jan Wilmking)
zLabels is now counting 17 labels. First up is shoe label Zign, now also available at Asos, Amazon and TMall/Alibaba.
It is an interesting development and one that makes more sense once one considers that Zalando sees its future as sort of an operating system for the fashion industry.
According to Wilmking, zLabels makes up between 10 to 15% of Zalando’s revenues.
- zLabels: Zalando’s Private Labels Going to Get a Push
- Capital Markets Day ’16: Zalando sees Itself as the Spotify of Fashion
- How Zalando Will Persuade Zara and H&M to Join its Platform
- But What if H&M, Zara & GAP Never Come to Amazon & Zalando?
- Zalando’s B2B Expansion: Investment in Le New Black, 120+ Brand Shops on Zalando
- A “Fast Forward” Strategy for 2020 & (Still) Trouble at Yoox Net-a-Porter