Asos is a successful online retailer but technology-wise, the company is more of a follower than a leader.
Asos’ ‘new digital platform’ is based on microservices in the cloud (here: Microsoft Azure) and agile development by autonomously working teams:
Asos is also working on a new retail system:
As always, Asos keeps concentrating solely on users under 30. Asos also keeps investing into its organic growth. So, though big already, Asos most likely will not grow into one of the players shaping the online market.
Still, Asos remains an interesting player. At least until a pure mobile fashion player will cause the company serious problems.
- Could Amazon India Help Amazon Get Better at Fashion?
- Fleek 2.0 and The Potential and Challenges of Social Shopping
- A “Fast Forward” Strategy for 2020 & (Still) Trouble at Yoox Net-a-Porter
- zLabels Are Responsible for 10-15% of Zalando’s Revenues, Will Be Available at Asos, Amazon and Others Going Forward
- By 2020, Zalando Wants to Offer Next-Day Delivery to 75% of All Europeans