Will there ever be another worthwhile fashion tech startup where Zalando will not be an investor in?
Fashwell is a Zurich, Switzerland, based fashion tech startup, specializing in algorithms for image recognition. Fashwell analyzes fashion photos in social media streams and connects them with the shown products.
This makes Fashwell a perfect fit for Fleek, if the technology works as advertised.
We have heard that Zalando bought around 30% of the company. Fashwell had raised $1.07 million in June of 2015.
Get a better look at Fashwell with this 5 minute presentation form this year’s NOAH Berlin conference:
Zalando has spent $28 million on Tradebyte and other investments this year. Zalando is bolstering its technology stack and toolset with clever strategic investments that are, in the grand scheme of things, not that expensive.
- Zalando spent €28.3 Mio. on Tradebyte & Co.
- Zalando buys Marketplace Services Provider Tradebyte to Bolster Platform Strategy
- When The Local Retailer Starts Packing Zalando Packages
- B2B Expansion: Zalando Increases Share in Anatwine, Rebuilds Merchant Center
- Fleek and Zalando Media Solutions Could Together Form Zalando’s One-Stop-Shop for Brands
- Zalando Discontinues Recently Aquired Amaze and Makes the App a Part of Fleek