Zalando founded two new subsidiary companies in November. The first one is Zalando Payments, were Zalando is still looking for a business development manager.
Where, exactly, can Zalando provide its partners “secure one-tap payment”?
Zalando is, same as Facebook and Amazon for example, not an OS provider like Apple and Google. The latter both have obviously more room to move.
That is why Facebook is feverishly building Messenger into a platform. That is also why Amazon is building new platforms elsewhere (Fire TV, Dash, Echo).
If you are not content with the possibilities and limits of being an app, you either try to move the platform play up the stack (Facebook) or you build your own platforms somewhere else (Amazon).
What is Zalando’s plan?
It is not clear yet.
Everything hints at the Facebook route. But Zalando’s messages are still too fluffy to make out a definite blueprint.
We’ll learn early next year, I guess.
The second company Zalando founded this month is Zalando Adtech Lab GmbH, which is a renamed Metrigo. (Zalando bought the German adtech companies Metrigo and nuggad for its media solutions.)
- Mobile Dynamics: Zalando vs. Apple Pay
- How Zalando Got to a Mobile Traffic Share of 67% and Mobile Order Share at >50%
- “Distributed Commerce”: How Zalando Wants to Make Selling Fashion go Mobile
- Fleek and Zalando Media Solutions Could Together Form Zalando’s One-Stop-Shop for Brands
- Zalando gives insights into the company’s strategy