Zalando expects to continue outperforming the fashion retail market again in 2017 and grow revenues in a range of 20-25%, following a strong 2016 performance when Europe’s leading online fashion platform gained market share in every single quarter. Driven by a systematic focus on consumers and suppliers, as well as further investments into the company’s infrastructure, 2016 revenues grew by 23.0% to
EUR 3,639 million (2015: EUR 2,958 million). The adjusted EBIT margin increased to 5.9%, which corresponds to an adjusted EBIT of EUR 216.3 million (2015: EUR 107.5 million, 3.6%). For 2017, Zalando expects an adjusted EBIT margin in the range of 5.0-6.0%.
A 25% increase means Zalando would look at €4.5 billion in revenues in 2017.
Zalando saw 20 million customers in 2016, an increase of 11%.
Some highlights from the presentation:
- Vizions: Zalando Announces Platform Conference
- How Zalando Views Machine Learning and AI Disrupting the Fashion Industry
- “Pay Later”: Zalando Wants To Crack France With Fitting Service
- Zalando Breaks €1 Billion Bar in Q4, Grows to €3.6 billion (+23%) in 2016
- Zalando Could Become the Role Model for Winning Against Amazon
- Zalando Plans to Hire 1,000 Engineers in Aggressive Expansion in 2017
- How Zalando Uses Mobile Notifications
- Fulfillment by Zalando Goes Live With First Customer