Some interesting numbers from Amazon at Shoptalk17 (see also ” Amazon Presents Itself as Brands’ Best Friend at #Shoptalk17“):
- Amazon connects with 300 million customers worldwide. (via)
- On Amazon Marketplace, there are 100,000 sellers with more than $100,000 in annual revenue creating in aggregate more than 600,000 jobs. (via)
- 55%(!) of customers start product search on Amazon. (via)
- Last not least, 50% of all items at Amazon are sold through the Marketplace. (via)
Amazon is a marketplace and a shopping search engine. Especially the growing power in search can hardly be overstated.
Would you freak out if Google would own the largest marketplace in your market? If so, look again at the above numbers and connect the dots.
More from Shoptalk17:
- Amazon Flex and More Highlights from #Shoptalk17
- Naspers and the Perspective of Global E-Commerce Investors
- These Are the 15 Startups from Shoptalk 2017
- How Wish Grew to 2 Million Orders Per Day
- Walmart’s Tech Incubator ‘Store No. 8’ Sounds Not That Appealing to Startups
- Amazon: 3 Million Packages a Day, Alibaba: 12 Million Packages a Day
- Amazon Presents Itself as Brands’ Best Friend at #Shoptalk17
- The Insane Fight Between Gillette and Harry’s