We are now looking for fashion tech companies, that want to join us in our mission to connect even more people to fashion in ever new and exciting ways. Early-stage startups to large companies to individual contributors are welcome to join us. Areas of interest include, but are not limited to: Fashion content, sizing/fitting solutions, style/outfit generation, recommendation systems, and anything that helps connect people to fashion. […]
We are now exploring use cases for the first MVP, please enter you data if you would like to be considered as a beta partner.
This may turn out to be resource intensive for startups but it is also a rare chance to be on a platform not just from day one but also to get one’s own service integrated in a way that makes most sense for oneself.
This may be especially interesting for startups in this case as Zalando plans to integrate third-party services directly into the user flow withouth a more traditional directory/”installation” setup.
Still, once again, the ‘white label’ side of the coin should not be underestimated.
One of the launch partners will most likely be image recoginition startup Fashwell, which gained Zalando as a strategic investor late last year:
Fashwell is a Zurich, Switzerland, based fashion tech startup, specializing in algorithms for image recognition. Fashwell analyzes fashion photos in social media streams and connects them with the shown products.
- How Zalando Is Transforming Its Main App Into a True Platform With “Zalando Build”
- Zalando’s Newest Strategic Investment Is Image Recognition Startup Fashwell
- Vizions: Zalando Announces Platform Conference
- Collabary: Zalando Turns its Connections With Influencers Into a Platform for Brands
- Zalando buys Marketplace Services Provider Tradebyte to Bolster Platform Strategy
- Why Zalando Has a Shot at Becoming a Platform: It Already Has Significant Scale
- Zalando: “We Want To Become An Open Fashion Platform”
- From Caterpillar to Butterfly: Amazon, eBay & Zalando’s Services Revenues Explosion
- Zalando Could Become the Role Model for Winning Against Amazon
- Zalando Plans to Hire 1,000 Engineers in Aggressive Expansion in 2017